Saturday, March 20, 2004

Evidence of Polyurethane Ravers in the 50's

As much as I hate cleaning up someone else's shit, I love finding gems like this in my new basement. Ladies and gentleman, evidence that even in the late 50's, those dance parties knew how to use the "varnish" the right way. I smell gabber.



But seriously... what the hell is this? Was Sears selling floor varnish to the "My Three Sons" crowd or was this a subtle way of enticing your pops into shining those floors to keep the kids home dancing? Its an awfully impressive image for sure and definitely less boring than today's average paint can.

The only scary thing is that this gallon jug still has some liquid motion within it. Any lead in there?

And yes, that is a legitimate bag of store bought paper mache powder to the left.